KeyCAPTCHA Scam – How to Make Spam Unavoidable
It is like in any scam scheme: first, a victim is enticed by an irresistible offer of absolutely free of charge novel (“first”, “innovative”, “sexy”. “unique”, etc.) miracle or easy way to earn money (including interesting job offer like it was for me by KeyCAPTCHA.com). Then you are trapped by a sneaky change in conditions of bargain (employment)… Accordingly, first, KeyCAPTCHA.com filled the internet with ads of its first absolutely free of charge (“unique”, “novel”, “innovative”, “unbreakable”) anti-spam miracle. It was not only without any advertising but even buyers of commercial fee-based KeyCAPTCHA service were initially prohibited to create CAPTCHAs with any advertising. Then, in the beginning of August, 2011, after bloggers started to write about and webmasters with sysadmins to advise each other this miracle en masse, KeyCAPTCHA.com changed its ToS convering KeyCAPTCHA from antispam captcha into spam platform.
That is, a webmaster that installed it, cannot avoid spam served through installed KeyCAPTCHA plug-in from KeyCAPTCHA.com’s servers, except “agreeing” to buy “Personalized CAPTCHA” service or uninstalling KeyCAPTCHA plugin.Well, the end-user (a visitor) of a protected web resource, cannot just close your eyes and skip it like with any other spam. KeyCAPTCHA usually blocks access to webresource, like registering for forum, commenting blog article, posting, downloading a file, resetting a forgotten password, etc.
- KeyCAPTCHA Spam Platform – Rebutting KeyCAPTCHA.com’s Claims that Spamming is Legal
- KeyCAPTCHA “Genius” Demagoguery – Antispam Spamming Platform: Why to Buy a Spambot, Buy the Spam-thru-CAPTCHAs Share
- What Is the “first” in KeyCAPTCHA and Why to Have it Externally, i.e. Out of Control?
- August 9, 2011 -Created and published
- Sept 15, 2011 – Changed the published date to Sept 09, 2011 in order to cjange the order of posts presentations