Protected: Lies, Big Lies and Statistics of KeyCAPTCHA Service Part 1 On the Amount of Protected Sites
Half the work that is done in this world
is to make things appear what they are not
~Beadle, E. R.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is
indistinguishable from magic
~Arthur C. Clarke’s 3d Law of Prediction)
But magic can sometimes just be an illusion
Belief in the absence of illusions is itself an illusion
A hallucination is a fact, not an error;
what is erroneous is a judgment based upon it
So, after a storm of angry publications by unhappy webmasters and uninstalls of KeyCAPTCHA plugings, on August 14, 2011, KeyCAPTCHA.com “announced” (by posting a few replies, for example here and there) that the free of charge option of its service was restored from August 8, 2011 (probably because the last post of KeyCAPTCHA defending its removal was from August 7, 2011, see the same links upward). Novosibirsk time (GMT +6:00) everywhere in this article.
The most funny thing was that there were no changes in ToS or any descriptions on keycaptcha.com webite whatsoever! But wait, there’s more
Wisdom says that a liar should have a good memory. Not true on the internet, it is enough to manage to change or remove your previous publications.
I and others caught KeyCAPTCHA.com, my former employer, to publicly lie hundreds times and you will not find any such publications.
From my observations, the posts on the forums based on WCMSs (Web Content Management System) like
- vBulletin – permits changes
- phpBB – – permits changes
- SMF (SimpleMachines Forums) – permits delete
- Twitter (well, it is probably not WCMS and permits only to delete tweets but I hate Twitter no less for having permitted to slander and scam me by this feature)
usually let to change posts later, even after replies, whenever an author likes.
- Joomla (after being replied?)
- IPB (aka IP.Board, InvsionPower Board) Services, how one should tag it in Social Media, I wonder?
do not (but only in a few minutes time immediately after posting) .
What’s the point of permitting life-time changing (or deleting) what some has written, even after having dozens replies, I wonder?
One can check the forum’s CMS at the bottom of a web page and double-check it at webpage souce finding a string “generator”. Here is an example of HTML element from WordPress forum HTML-element:
- <meta name=”generator” content=”WordPress 3.2″ />
What about comments in blogs and posts that cannot be edited/deleted?
That’s also simple. KeyCAPTCHA Team has done it many times. It is enough post personal attacks on a participant the more and uglier the “better” until any sense is lost, then ask moderators, administrators/owner of the blog to delete the whole topic or branch for a flame and/or off-topic.
100% results of topic ensured to delete a thread, branch or a whole topic!
If the results are not immediate, just return and do it again and again.
“We have detected spam activity, your actions are blocked”
In Soviet Russia, spam activity of spam-captchas block human’s access
Another technique is to block writers (blog commenters) through its KeyCAPTCHA by IP-address.
This is very clever to self-advertise you, only fans of KeyCAPTCHA and advertising will be able to use internet soon.
KeyCAPTCHA is the first free service providing a powerful anti-spam website protection through a new generation interactive CAPTCHA.
to be less self-debunking and more clear.
The word “interactive” is really synonym to “intrusive for a visitor”, in contrast to non-intrusive anti-spam solutions like filtering, honey-traps (honey-pots), etc. Except its anti-marketing (i.e. negative) nature, it does not convey any information since in reality KeyCAPTCHA should have been more specifically described as “DRAG’N’DROP” and/or “not requiring text typing” (non-Texting?) instead of vague and generic “interactive”. All visible (presented) to a visitor CAPTCHAs are really interactive in that they require user’s interactions like typing, drag’n’drop-ping, clicking, etc.
The word “free” means in reality, for external service, like KeyCAPTCHA.com, “un-paid by a user”.
KeyCAPTCHA.com external service internals are not free for scrutiny (or reuse) like open sourced products
All known to me anti-spam services are either free of charge or provide free of charge options/versions in parallel to fee-based service. The latter is in no way different from keycaptcha.com service having both fee-based and free of charge options of its service.
Since it is ridiculous to tout an anti-spam service as “first free” , let me guess, that it is a simple way to assure that users of KeyCAPTCHA did not read about and do not care what they have installed
The idea of non-texting captcha was researched before KeyCAPTCHA (introduced in 2010) a lot, for example:
- Google’s rotCAPTCHA project in 2009,
- Microsoft’s ASIRRA project in 2007,
- Carnegie-Mellon School of Computer Scince’s PIX project in 2000,
- ALIPR in 2006
There are dozens open-source projects offering CAPTCHs based on idea of choosing/clicking an image, for example:
as well as DRAG’N’DROP CAPTCHAs, for example:
- AJAX FANCY CAPTCHA
that, IMO, avoid the main point of vulnerability existing in KeyCAPTCHA – that it is external centralized proprietary service out of control of webresource owner who installs it.
- KeyCAPTCHA Scam – How to Make Spam Unavoidable
- KeyCAPTCHA Spam Platform – Rebutting KeyCAPTCHA.com’s Claims that Spamming is Legal
- KeyCAPTCHA “Genius” Demagoguery – Antispam Spamming Platform: Why to Buy a Spambot, Buy the Spam-thru-CAPTCHAs Share
- What Is the “first” in KeyCAPTCHA and Why to Have it Externally, i.e. Out of Control? (this one)
History of changes:
Many times I reported to twitter support (opened a few tickets) that a dozen of KeyCAPTCHA.com Team’s tweets from stolen from me @KeyCAPTCHA twitter account are lies and some of them are simply crimes:
- I did not and could not ever steal my own @KeyCAPTCHA account.
See my article: “Who Stole @KeyCAPTCHA Twitter Account?”
Since the cited Tweet was deleted here is its cache
- Dec. 11, 2010 – I was hired by keycaptcha.com
- Jan 21, 2011 – created @KeyCAPTCHA on under name @Coulombusser from my private GMail account. See also How I Stole KeyCAPTCHA Twitter Account
- May, 2011 – dismissed (though, since I was not paid, it is quite probable that I am still employed),
- May, 30, 2011 – reported by keycaptcha.com to police for alleged extortion
- June 3, 2011 – caught by police for extortion with proposed and paid by my former employer keycaptcha.com money
- When did I steal my Twitter account and How could I possibly extort money by stealing any Twitter account?
The Tweet of “He is under recognizance not to leave now” is crime.
- I am not and was never in my life under any recognizance oreven informed about opening criminal case against me until now (Updated on August 11, 2011). Although, By law, it should have been done in maximum 10 days
- Until the end of investigation, the publishing of such “conclusions” is the crime under Russian and international laws.
The Tweet “Stop your lie. Your way can just aggravate your situation. See you in court” is intimidating threat publication of which is legally qualified as crime.
Instead of returning stolen from me @KeyCAPTCHA twitter account or or suspending it for reported by me abuses, twitter support permanently suspended (i.e. deleted) my own (another) private account from which I reported (opened tickets) or tried to reply to such abuses and lies!
Except that I do not understand why Twitter obviously supports criminal activities, I do not understand why I am, as the author of my tweets, rejected the right at least to make copies of my content before blccking me from it without any warnings and expanations
In its recent Tweet :
as well as in other publications of KeyCAPTCHA.com Team, I am publicly called the thief who stole my own twitter account!
- Update: Ooops… Whenever I comment KeyCAPTCHA’s publications, they promptly disappear.
1)Here is, in Russian, KeyCAPTCHA.com wrote:
“He stole our twitter account and started to distort money from us” (sickboy.ru)
2)“He has never been our employee. This person stole our twitter account @KeyCAPTCHA.
And he started to extort money from our company. He threatened us” (circvsmaximvs.com)
@KeyCAPTCHA twitter account has been created, used by me only from my private Gmail accounts by my own private initiative (having been always reprimanded for wasting time for this trash – Social Networking and communication) under its initially given by me username: @Coulombusser on January 20, 2011.
Renamed to @KeyCAPTCHA on Jan 23, 2011 (having changed it before final username @KeyCAPTCHA dozen of usernames).
I am the only author and user (before hijacking of @KeyCAPTCHA from me) having access to its activation link (with code), all , again my private, Gmail boxes and thousands Email notifications (about following, DMs – direct messages, etc) from it.
And I even opened a few support tickets from it on problems of accessing my another private twitter account in February and March, 2011
KeyCAPTCHA.com Team stole access to my @KeyCAPTCHA twitter account on June 3, 2011. by fraud , i.e. by promising to pay me negated earlier salary debt + dismissal fees for which I was caught by police.
KeyCAPTCHA Team does not have access to history of its use, Gamail accounts used with it and activation code!
Well, there are a lot of accounts for everybody in this world. I am not greedy.
Even more, I decided that tweeting is a waste of time for me, especially after Google stopped real-time indexing of Tweets.
KeyCAPTCHA Team, continue wasting it yourself.
But if KeyCAPTCHA Team insists, I can insist in my requests to twitter support to return me my @ KeyCAPTCHA twitter account back as I am the only author and user who has all copies about its activation and history of its use
- Why Twitter Supports Criminals?
- KeyCAPTCHA.com Insists That I’ve NEVER Worked in KeyCAPTCHA Team Having Published Before That I Had